Files to PowerPoint
by Kristie Sapp
Do you have a Lotus Freelance Presentation File that you now
need in PowerPoint? Rest assured that this task is a relatively
simple one. Just follow these few steps and you will have
To convert a Lotus Freelance presentation to a PowerPoint presentation:
- Open PowerPoint.
- Left Click File on the menu bar.
- Left click on Open.
- In the Look In box, change to the folder containing the
- In the Files of type box, Left Click on the down arrow and
select All Files (*.*)
- Left Click on the name of the file to be converted. Click
- PowerPoint handles the conversion automatically.
NOTE: PowerPoint converts the Lotus Freelance presentation
as it is opened. After the Lotus Freelance presentation
file has been opened in PowerPoint 97, the converted presentation
exists only in your computer's memory. The original presentation
file remains unchanged. To complete the conversion, the file
will need to be saved in PowerPoint format.
- To complete the conversion process, Left Click on File.
- Left Click on Save as and change to the appropriate folder
to save the converted PowerPoint file.
- Give the file a new name. (Giving the converted presentation
a new file name preserves the original Lotus Freelance presentation
file as a backup.)
- Left Click on OK.
When you convert Lotus Freelance presentations that contain charts
or tables, not all of the formatting is preserved in the converted
PowerPoint presentation. The following table shows how chart
and table features convert in PowerPoint.
to PowerPoint 97
...are text objects. You may see a double line around
|Hidden data sets...
...are now displayed
of data values in a stacked bar chart
...lost in the conversion. You can add the values
|Size of chart objects...
different, affecting word wrapping and alignment of
objects that relate to the chart.